Homeopathy and skin diseases
Your skin is your largest organ and plays a vital role in detecting hot and cold, regulating your body temperature and protecting your muscles, bones and internal organs from outside infection and disease. But there is so much more to your skin with some of the most interesting facts about your skin here below:
- An average person’s skin covers an area of 2 square meters.
- Skin accounts for about 15% of your body weight.
- An average adult has approximately 21 square feet of skin, which weighs 9 lbs and contains more than 11 miles of blood vessels.
- An average person has about 300 million skin cells. A single square inch of skin has about 19 million cells and up to 300 sweat glands.
- Your skin is its thickest on your feet (1.4mm) and thinnest on your eyelids (0.2mm).
- The skin renews itself every 28 days.
- Your skin constantly sheds dead cells, about 30,000 to 40,000 cells every minute! That’s nearly 9 lbs. per year!
- Some sources estimate that more than half of the dust in your home is actually dead skin.
- Dead skin comprises about a billion tons of dust in the earth’s atmosphere.
- Your skin is home to more than 1,000 species of bacteria.
- Skin can form additional thickness and toughness — a callus — if exposed to repeated friction or pressure.
- Some of the nerves in your skin are connected to muscles instead of the brain, sending signals (through the spinal cord) to react more quickly to heat, pain, etc.
- Your skin has at least five different types of receptors that respond to pain and touch.
- Skin that is severely damaged may try to heal itself by forming scar tissue, which is different from normal skin tissue because it lacks hair and sweat glands.
- Changes in your skin can signal changes in your overall health.
Some of the more common skin issues are cradle cap, eczema, psoriasis, various forms of dermatitis, acne, urticaria and certain types of alopecia (hair loss)
Conventional treatment consists of
- Avoidance of possible allergic triggers
- A wide variety of over the counter creams, serums and peels
- Laser treatment
- Light treatment
- Topical steroids
Whereas these treatments can reduce or alleviate the symptoms, complications can occur, including hypersensitivity reactions, infections, and steroid side effects. Also, there is a high reoccurrence factor.
The ethos of homeopathy is work to heal gently and permanently, toxic-free and avoiding side effects.
Homeopathy is a holistic form of medicine, using individualised remedies to treat the entire person.
Contact me if you would like more information or to book a consultation.
Research on the effect of homeopathic treatment of 60 Japanese patients with chronic skin disease: https://homeopathyplus.com/research-homeopathy-chronic-skin-diseases/